Friday 26 November 2010

Target Audience

The target audience for my music magazine would be aimed at teenagers and young adults aged from 15-24, this is would be my demographic. I believe the genre of my magazine which is Indie/rock will appeal to my target audience as the genre is popular within that age range and appeals to them more than any other genre of music. The genre of indie/rock is at it's most popular stage in it's musical history and it's popular because most indie/rock bands have been featured in the media, in magazines, on television and on the radio. There are many aspirational indie/rock artists around, that my target audience will aspire to and this will draw them in to my magazine. My target audience will also appeal to people of all social statuses and will be all about the music instead of the social class. I want the audience to have an interest in new and upcoming young indie/rock bands that they can look forward to and who they may aspire to be like in the future. I want my target audience to be interested in the features of indie/Rock as well as the music, indie/rock musicians have an individual image and style and i want my audience to recognise that. By looking at the physcographics of my target audience I've been able to recognise the differences that suit my target audience and that will suit my magazine. My target audience are alternative and have individual styles. There is a particular look for an indie rock star, they usually dress in vintage, retro clothing which represents there genre and play fast upbeat music that will be played in clubs to make people dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment