Monday 18 October 2010

Idea development

My aim for my college magazine is to be based on the topic media. I want my magazine to come across friendly and vibrant and for my target audience to be interested in it. I want it to stand out and catch the eye.  I'm going to make sure i get the theme of media across on my front cover so the readers know what to expect within the magazine.

College magazine name ideas:
The WSM: Wyke Student magazine
WCM- Wyke College magazine.
The EMM- Education monthly magazine.

Theme ideas:
Media- Lights Camera Action
Film studies- Fantastic film studies
physical Education- On your marks, get set, go!

Picture ideas:
On the front cover of my college magazine i wanted to use the theme media to appeal to my target audience. I used relevant props and mise-en-scene to make the image authentic and believable.

What works well in this image are the props and the mise-un-scene. The props are the light stand and the video camera. The mise-un-scene is the green screen.This sticks to the theme of media and makes it authentic and believable. What doesn't work as well in this image is the positioning of the model.

This image uses the props of a camera and light stand and the mise-un-scene of the green screen. I like the lighting and the shadow it creates. What doesn't quite work with this image is that it isn't mid-close up which it needs to be and you could say it's a little too dark.

This is image was the first one i captured and i wanted to capture the model holding the video camera and have the light stand in the background to make it look relevant to the headline. What didn't work was the lighting, i believe it's too bright and the image is out of focus. There is too much room above the models head and the different colour tones don't go with each other and appear from the models head. This image gave me ideas on how to improve and plan future pictures. First i borrowed a better camera so the quality of the image would be a better quality. I positioned the model within the green screen so it's just one colour and finally i brought the light stand next to the model and turned it on to give the image a more vibrant feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment